Creating connections in the kitchen!
Our Culinary Connections teambuilding program is a fun and effective way for your team to bond over food! While preparing and enjoying a meal together, guests learn more about one another and create lasting memories.
Our teambuilding program allows groups to create a gourmet meal, and it functions as a powerful metaphor: by working together in the kitchen, participants make something delicious for all to enjoy. To do this, participants solve problems, delegate tasks, and encourage one another. We believe the skills and attitudes cultivated here at Culinary Kids will follow you back to your place of work.
How does it work?
A typical teambuilding experience begins with the division of participants into teams your staff has predetermined. Everyone receives an apron, washes their hands, and settles in at a prep table with secret, hidden ingredients. After a brief orientation led by our Lead Chef, each team chooses an "Executive Chef." Then, things get interesting!
The cloth is removed, the secret ingredients are revealed, and the adventure begins! Each team must cook a dish with every ingredient found on their table, which will later be tasted by all of the guests. They can follow a provided recipe, or, if they're feeling bold, they can go it alone, creating something all their own.
After they decide which path they'll take, groups have about an hour and a half to prepare their meal. Each team plates a single dish for presentation, presenting the rest buffet-style for all guests to sample. If you want to up the ante, you're welcome to bring pre-made trophies and prizes, and our Lead Chef will judge each dish for presentation, flavor, and creativity. For the final thirty minutes, groups enjoy their shared meals, and we conclude with a short debrief designed to encourage participants to continue working as a team in the workplace. And one of the best things about cooking in our facility is that you don't have to clean up the mess! We say our goodbyes, and an exciting day comes to a close.
We are happy to talk to you about extending the time for your event or customizing it for your group!
Please note: Team members (or your business) are asked to provide beverages. Alcohol is permitted for guests over the age of 21. Only water and tea will be provided at the event. Guests are welcome to bring in any beverages they prefer.
Fees: $60 per person (plus tax)
Due to the complex nature of preparing the proper amount of fresh ingredients and accommodating a personalized experience, we ask guests to respect to the following policies:
- Reservations are based on availability. Events are offered throughout the week for either day or evening times. We open on Sunday afternoons for showers as well.
- Deposit / Cancellation Policy: Due to the size and complex nature of event preparation and detailed program structure, a 50% deposit is required to secure the event (calculated based on number of participants reserved). The spaces and ingredients are held for participants, and extensive planning is dedicated to each event to provide the best quality, in-depth program possible.
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated, but advanced notification (48 hours or more) is absolutely REQUIRED. *(Possible added fees may be applied to cover cost of specialty ingredients).
- Fees: $60 per person plus tax (as required by the state). Total cost is based on the final confirmed number of participants. Final number of participants must be confirmed the week prior to your event. We cannot accommodate last-minute add-on participants. All supplies are purchased in advance, therefore, refunds cannot be offered for confirmed participants that do not attend. Final balance is due at the time of service and must be provided as a single payment. Each participant must sign a waiver upon entry.
- Party hosts are welcome to come early to decorate as they like. Hosts are welcome to bring cake, drinks and other snacks as desired.
- Beverages are NOT included and are the responsibility of the group. Any beverages and beverage supplies should be provided by the group, not Culinary Connections/Culinary Kids (our selection is limited to ice water and tea only, we encourage you to bring whatever else you might like). Alcoholic beverages are permitted – please drink responsibly and arrange for safe transportation.